I'm someone who grew up in the church office doing my school with my two older brothers... I was home schooled my whole life...
Our Parents would take us everywhere they went, and they thought us how to fall asleep anywhere because ministry was and is our life. And we are a family so went everywhere together, even if it meant waking up and heading over to some ones house in the middle of a winter night and getting all bundled up. We did it!
I'm in Hawaii now having the time of my life serving at Calvary Chapel Honolulu. I love every minute of it because I love ministry. I love running around, breaking a sweat and learning new things.....
Lately I have been down at the church office helping Cynthia getting ready for the THREE conferences that are coming in less then two weeks... I love serving with her and cracking up at something that might not even really be that funny but all at the same time it it to one of us.... or just laughing at one another.
Every time I'm down there is brings me back to my Childhood.... Well the good parts of my childhood I should say...
There's also really funny/bad parts of my childhood as well....
I'll in lighten you all on funny but all at the same time sad story....
I had gotten in to trouble for I think saying something or idk really, but my punishment was NOT TALKING... I only had to go 24 hours with out talking and then I would not be grounded any more... Well I never really knew I had to only go 24 hours with out TALKING I just new I was not aloud to and if I ever got caught, the 24 hour clock got started all over again.... They would always say "lets see how long you can go with out talking" I never knew about the clock just that they would say I would have to start over.... whatever that meant
Well one day my two brothers, some other home schooled kids (their mom worked at the office as well) and I were down at the office playing around after school was done. Well the other girl who was younger then I liked to play with hair, so she took a comb and started playing with my hair... well the next thing I knew the comb was stuck in my hair... there was nothing that I could say or do really, and all she could think of was CUTTING HAIR to get the dumb COMB out!!!!
And it wasn't just stuck in my hair, the comb was twisted all the way to the top of my head...and there was a LOT of hair stuck in the comb... I shocked my head saying NO to cutting my hair.... 1. Because my dad would kill me for having a chunk of hair missing and would mean I would have short hair and he never wanted me to have short hair. 2. Because her mom would kill her. 3. I knew that at the end of this all we both were just going to be dead as is, so to not make anything worse just keep the comb in my hair.....
Well I finally got the guts to walk into my dads office and shown him that I had a comb stuck in my hair.... my friend and I both got into HUGE trouble (but our parents never killed us, shocker I know) and I got to go to the meeting with a dumb comb stuck in my hair and I couldn't even tell people why it was stuck or how it got stuck cause I was still not aloud to talk cause I was still in trouble for something else.....
WOW I cant even tell you how long its been since I told that story....
Lets see what comes to mind tomorrow :)
Okay so needless to say I was a very interesting kid, and have some pretty ridicules stories with church offices....
And at this point all I can say is, I'm SO excited for what the Lord is readying me for down the road. I love ministry and I would never give up the stories that come a long with them.... And I can not wait to have my own kids and the crazy stories I'll have with them... and get to bring them around with my AMAZING husband in the ministry that we do as a family!
Lord be with my AMAZING Husband where ever he may be... and continue to be with my family as they serve you... Love on my brothers, my sister in law and my two amazing Nieces...
love you guys and cant wait to hold you and see you.....
AMEN
I Love it!!!! You are a beautiful woman of God my Sister =) Keep the stories coming. Love u!!!
ReplyDelete